My guest this week is author and content creator Lorraine Ladish. We talked about the value of mind-body work, Lorraine’s favorite self-care activities, the importance of daily practices in caring for our minds and bodies, and spirituality as letting go of the illusion of control, among other topics. Lorraine has been through a lot in her lifetime, and she describes where she has found strength and grace along the way. Other topics we touched on included:
- The challenges Lorraine has overcome in her life
- How Lorraine sees her life mission now at age 57
- How my guest has dealt with episodes of depression
- The blessing and curse of extreme self-awareness
- The advantage of doing something active to improve our well-being
- The practice of yoga nidra
- How Lorraine is dealing with the current challenges of the pandemic and quarantine
- How Lorraine transitioned to full-time work online
- Spirituality as letting go of the illusion of control
- Letting go of fears that are beyond our power to control
- The problem with reading books and not putting them into practice
- Channeling addiction in positive, life-giving directions
- Lorraine’s favorite self-help book, Wayne Dyer’s bestselling Your Erroneous Zones (affiliate link)
- Recommendations for people just starting to work from home
- Turning difficulties into gratitude
- The value of batching your tasks to minimize task switching
Lorraine is the author of Tu Mejor Edad: Para Tener Una Vida Extraordinaria (affiliate link), which translates, Your best age to have an extraordinary life.
I hope you enjoy our discussion.
Lorraine Ladish was born in Spain and is a 21st century communicator, helping empower women and others to achieve their goals. She’s the founder and CEO of Viva Fifty!, a bilingual community that celebrates being fifty and over.
Lorraine has worked as an editor and social media coordinator for numerous online publications, and is a content creator and regular contributor to NBC News, Huffington Post, AARP, and Babycenter, among others.
Her latest book on embracing age, Tu Mejor Edad, was published by HarperCollins in 2017.
Banner photo by Phillippe Diederich.