My guest this week is Rajshree Patel, author of The Power of Vital Force. I can’t tell you how much I enjoyed this discussion, though I’m sure you’ll get a sense of it as you listen. We discussed the many ways we limit ourselves and disconnect from the deeper truth of who we are—from the vital force that Raj describes in her book. One of my favorite parts of the approach she shared is how simple it can be, and how in just a few moments we can completely change our experience. I think you’ll find this conversation to be both useful and inspiring.
Topics we explore together include:
- The development of narrow, limiting thinking when we’re young
- The aliveness we find in the present moment
- The breath work practice that led to Rajshree’s first metaphysical experience
- Seeing life as part of us and not separate from us
- How we can spend a lifetime not realizing that we already have what we’re looking for
- The vital force that animates all of us
- How to rejuvenate the vital force inside us
- The importance of how we enter sleep and how we wake up
- Some of the limitations with common breath meditation practices
- Meditation as relaxation for the entire brain
- Using meditation in our daily activities
- Self-transcending meditation
- Life as frequency, vibration, and resonance
- The struggle that comes with a divided mind
- Returning to simplicity
Here’s Rajshree’s book, available on Amazon (affiliate link):
Rajshree Patel is a mind and meditation expert and an international self-awareness coach, teacher, and speaker. She has taught hundreds of thousands of people in more than 35 countries the power of meditation, mindfulness, breath work, and other ancient tools for accessing the innate source of energy, creativity, and fulfillment within.
Born in Uganda and raised between rural India and New York City, Patel was working as a prosecutor for the U.S. Attorney’s office and the Los Angeles District Attorney’s office when a chance meeting with the renowned spiritual master Sri Sri Ravi Shankar changed her life. She left the practice of criminal law to explore the power of universal laws.
Since then, over the last three decades she has established more than 600 meditation centers and trained thousands of instructors with the Art of Living, helping expand the self-development and humanitarian organization into a global nonprofit.
Through her unique blend of intuition, humor, and ancient techniques, Patel has guided government leaders, families, Oscar-winning filmmakers, Fortune 500 executives, and individuals from all walks of life in understanding how the mind works, how to let go of stress, and how to be more resilient and fulfilled in their personal and professional lives.
She has given talks and led programs at organizations including Amazon, Facebook, Mircrosoft, NBC Universal, IBM, LinkedIn, Gap, WMC, The World Bank, Shell Oil, Morgan Stanley, Harvard University, IIT, the United Nations, UNESCO, and more.